Thoughts on watching the Glee Rocky Horror episode "Time Warp" preview
- It's too bad this episode had to fall during Puck's absence; Eddie is clearly the role he was born to play.
- Looks like Artie will be playing both the Criminologist and Dr. Scott. I wonder if Dr. Scott being one of the few musical characters in wheelchairs factored into the decision to do the episode? I like Artie's vaguely British criminologist accent.
- A little sad that Brad gets to do half of Riff Raff's lines, but he sings them well and it gives Finn something to do.
- I like Mercedes as Frank. Okay, we haven't seen her do anything really in this clip, but I like the idea of Mercedes as Frank.
- What is Rocky doing there? He hasn't been born yet.
- Columbia and Magenta are not exactly demanding roles, so it's sad they had to be doubled up, but I guess they had to squeeze in the whole Glee Club somehow. Kind of wish they'd just had Tina and Quinn do something else, though: from the clip, it looks like Tina and Quinn are kind of doing the worst jobs, and we'll just end up mad at them for taking time from Britney and Santana.
- Award for Most Dead On Impersonation goes to Kurt as Riff Raff followed by Britney as Columbia 1. They are clearly fans. Award for Most Not Even Doing The Same Tune goes to Quinn as Magenta 2. Oddly, Award for Most Insane Levels of Auto Tune also goes to Quinn as Magenta 2. Why not just auto tune her so she was singing the right tune?
- Is this even supposed to be an impersonation show? From the costumes and the set pieces, it looks like that is what we are going for--not a "reimagining" or something--and considering the ritualized way that college kids and recent grads who haven't moved away from campus across America put on the show every Friday night, I guess that's probably the right choice. Still:
- I can't imagine how this episode is going to work. Still:
- I am pretty excited for this episode.